Skip to main content

So You Want to be a Mayflower Descendant - Documents - part 3

 Next step!

   I sent in my documentation for Generations 14 through 11, since I have those documents pretty readily available.  (see Sulzbach and Spence Pedigree charts) I have now heard back from the Mayflower Society's Assistant Historian with her evaluation.

  Any records newer than 1900 have very strict guidelines.  Each person has to have birth, marriage, and death certificates, and their spouse does too.  And the records have to give their parents' names.  Urggh.  

Generation 13 - Anne Augusta Robertson Sulzbach & Spouse



No good!  No parents' names, even tho their parents' names are clearly listed on all their other documents.  Doesn't the Mayflower Society know how pathetically sparse New York City documents are?


Now I have to send for a New York City marriage certificate with parents' names, if there even is one.  How long do you think that will take, with the Health Dept overcome with COVID?


All the following documents are OK:

Generation 12 - Bessie Spence Robertson & Spouse:





And Generation 11- Phoebe Esther Rushton Spence & Spouse -  is OK:

Phoebe is 5 from the bottom.


William and Phoebe are 3 from the bottom.

Yes, I know his name says John Mariner Spence instead of William Mariner Spence.  Not sure why.  Could his full name have been John William Mariner Spence or the other way around?

On to Generation 10!  This is where the records get pretty sparse and I don't know if my proof will be good enough. 

Fingers crossed!

Comments